Wednesday 2 July 2008

Sir’s shirt, sir


I’ve been more busy than a busy thing and I’ve rather let the Defiant slip. Nobody likes a slipped Defiant.

Still, I did buy a couple of shirts from TM Lewin today. I noticed recently that they didn’t have a sale on. That came as a surprise, because I thought they always had a sale on. Suffice to say, the sale is now back on so it’s £25 for what seems to me a perfectly decent, smartish shirt that can be worn in the orifice.

Noticed that the folks working there put on airs and graces à la Jeeves or Bunter. I always find that quite endearing in a cut-price shirt emporium where there are a plate of boiled sweets amid the silken knots and other bits ’n’ bobs.

Helped myself to a Murray Mint – seemed only appropriate given our boy was about to go into battle against the unfeasibly muscular Nadal. It was rather good (the mint, not the tennis). Don’t think I’ve had one since 1984.

No comments: