Tuesday 29 November 2011

Monkey denies Charmian Chen photo set-up

The Balinese monkey who was filmed tugging down the dress of 22-year-old model Charmian Chen has denied that the photos were set up to further Ms Chen’s career.

'Where's your proof, then?' said the irate primate when confronted by reporters in Indonesia.

'Charmian dropped a piece of corn down her top and I couldn't help myself,' he added, attempting to explain why he had torn off the model's dress.

Pictures of the incident have made headline news in Ms Chen's native Taiwan, with TV stations asking her to appear and talk about it.

The images have also spread around the globe, appearing on blog sites and forums in the US and Britain.

Ms Chen said: 'I was on holiday and at first the pictures were just funny, but when I got back to Taiwan I had all these people trying to add me as friends on Facebook.'

She added that the monkeys were attracted to bikinis worn by many visitors.

'I think it's the bright colours which they think might be fruit, well I don't know about that but it was very strange at the time.'

The monkey confessed this was the case. ‘S'right. I've always loved bright colours. Now clear off and let me eat this massive pile of bananas I just happen to have acquired.'

No comments: